WHEN: Saturday, February 8 with start time at 1:00pm to catch the king low tide
WHERE: Meet at El Capitan State Beach day use parking lot near the restrooms
HOW FAR: The distance between El Capitan and Refugio is about 3 miles. There are a few options for you to consider
- You can possibly walk the entire way and back if the surf isn’t high
- You can walk part way and turn back
- You can have a friend park at Refugio where you can meet him/her in car #2 and drive them back to the start point at El Cap. This way you’ll hope to make the one way trip and drive back to the other car#1. Sound complicated? There may be some challenging points to navigate around on the beach.
- It will be up to each individual to determine how far you can go. Of course we recommend walking with a pal and a phone.
- We will ask walkers to sign a release of liability form AND we like to watch out for each other.
- There are no restrooms or water fountains between the 2 parks.
- Bring water and snacks as well as your sunscreen.
- You will be required to pay day use parking about $10 at state beaches.
PLEASE RSVP so we have an idea of how many people to expect.
Day Use parking lot near the restrooms
Goleta, CA 93117
Google map and directions